The Global Tax & Customs function employs approximately 225 professionals. The function is headquartered in Wayzata, Minnesota. Other tax professionals are located throughout the world with principal offices in Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, London, Singapore, and Shanghai.
A career in Cargill Tax & Customs offers opportunities for continuous learning and exposure to a variety of interesting, challenging, and complex issues. Cargill Tax & Customs seeks a motivated individual to become part of an engaged, high-performing team committed to contributing value.
This position operates as a Tax Analyst. The Tax Analyst will be a member of Cargill’s Indirect Tax team and will have specific, assigned responsibilities related to Cargill’s property and motor fuel tax compliance – including preparation of state property tax and motor fuel/excise tax returns, appeals, and responses to audit inquiries.
25% – Prepare and review state personal property tax forms and state motor fuel/excise tax returns
25% – Analyze and process property tax assessments, bills, and notices
25% – Manage state property tax audits and personal property tax appeals
15% – Assist with process improvement efforts for property and motor fuel/excise tax compliance
10% – Special projects related to value-added planning and process improvement initiatives
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position .
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• The desire and aptitude to learn tax
• Superior analytical skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; results-oriented, self-starter
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Motivation to work within a high-performing team environment
• 1 to 3 years of tax compliance experience
• Experience in OneSource Property Tax Software
• Experience in SAP
• Experience in Microsoft Access
• Tax research experience