Sackett Potatoes is a sixth generation farm operating in three states Michigan, Illinois and North Carolina. We have continually grown through the years and pride ourselves on not only quality crops, but leading our business with honesty and integrity. We are passionate about agriculture and passionate about the driven team we get to work next to every day. Our St. Anne farm will be growing 1500a of corn, 850a of soybeans and 1700a of potatoes for the 2017 season and is located an hour south of Chicago and an hour north of Champaign near the Indiana state line.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sprayer Applicator for our 3340 Case IH Sprayer. This will be a full-time year-round position. This role will be involved in other aspects of crop production and maintenance in the off season.
This position will report directly to the Farm Manager. The Ideal candidate will be able to assist with the planning and implementation of a spraying program with the farm manager and owners. Initiative and foresight is a must as they will be responsible for completing the program and all associated spray records and postings in a timely manner.
Sackett Potatoes offers industry leading personal development and career growth along with a highly competitive starting wage package including health insurance, a retirement option, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Operate and maintain sprayer
Properly measure and mix chemicals to be sprayed
Record spraying events
Assist in ordering and maintaining chemical inventory
Additional responsibilities might include:
- Operate equipment including but not limited to planter, sprayer, tractor, potato harvesting equipment, dozer, back hoe and trucks.
- Assist with center pivot irrigation operation and maintenance during the summer.
- Assist in the service and maintenance of machinery in the winter.
- Participate and assist in all other aspects of crop production and farm maintenance.
- 1-2+ years spraying experience (others may be considered with comparable experience)
- Mechanical aptitude to be able to work on equipment
- Strong with computers and technology
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends during peak seasons. Winter months will average 40-50 hours per week.