At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Diversity Inc as #17 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking highly motivated, mobile-minded, students ready to take their careers to the next level. Our rotational programs combine hands-on experience with unparalleled networking opportunities designed to accelerate your career development at BASF.
APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO FIRST YEAR MBA STUDENTS.
- As a highly motivated graduate student, you will participate in a 10 to 12-week internship based out of our Florham Park, NJ or Iselin, NJ office
- Interns will complete various projects in their field of expertise, designed and planned to enhance your career development and deliver immediate value to BASF
- Projects may include preparing operational plans, break-even analysis, acquisitions, and divestitures
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at a North American BASF site within the U.S. This program also offers MBA students the ability to apply their education and background to challenging assignments to build general management skills.
- Enhanced career and leadership development, and the opportunity to explore possible career tracks within the company
- Development of your expertise and the ability to network at senior levels throughout BASF and establish mentoring relationships that could span across your whole career
- The opportunity to join our Talent Pipeline for consideration of future opportunities within the organization including the Fulltime MBA Leadership Development Program
Join us on campus! We’ll be recruiting at the following schools:
*Note: Dates and locations are subject to change
- National Black MBA
- 09/27-28/18 – Interviews
- University of Michigan – Ross
- 11/9/18 – Interviews
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Click here to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- 1st-year MBA students pursuing a career in General Management.
- Maximum of 6 years of work experience prior to pursuing MBA.
- Demonstrated academic achievement.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Agility/Leadership potential.
- Ability to work in a technical environment.
- Undergraduate Business or Technical Degree preferred (e.g. Chemistry, Engineering).
- Bilingual a plus.
- Previous internship/co-op experience.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: MBA, Bilingual, Management