Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Agronomy Research Plot Technician – Summer Internship
The WinField Answer Plot® Program hosts more than 200 agronomic research plots across the country. Plots provide area farmers to see firsthand how seed and crop protection products perform in local fields, allowing them to make decisions for their own operations with confidence. Learn more about how Answer Plots help at www.answerplot.com.
Position Duration: March – September (flexible start and end dates)
Number of Openings: 2
- Assist the Answer Plot crews with managing regional plots, including; farm equipment preparation & operation, seed prep, equipment transport, field operations, GIS applications, and some mapping.
- Execute foliar applications with a backpack sprayer, tissue samples, root ratings, stand counts and other metadata collection as necessary.
- Responsible for accurate mixing and application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications.
- In accordance with maintenance schedules, policies, and procedures, assist with equipment maintenance and repairs on legs, conveyors, towers, vehicles, sprayers, floaters, trucks, etc.
- Provide support for warehouse staff with inventory, seed treatments, and other duties as needed.
- Work safely following safety rules, regulations, and personal protective equipment requirements.
- Keep current on agronomic products, trends, and precision agriculture technologies.
Position Competencies and Qualifications:
- Pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, preferably in an agricultural related major or program but not required.
- General knowledge of corn, soybean, and general crop growth and development. Satisfactory level of technical knowledge in agronomy, ag technology, and crop sciences preferred.
- Basic math skills, attentive to detail, and able to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to obtain a commercial applicator’s license and a Class A commercial driver license.
- Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and stay overnight
- Possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Ability to live near the Ohio area, and Southern Michigan or Eastern Indiana throughout duration of employment.
- Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills.
- Able to explicitly follow directions and proven record of following-through on projects and work duties.
- Manage time and effectively prioritize and implement projects and general work tasks.
- Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
- Flexible and adapt to changing business surroundings.
If you have questions, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy