Drives diesel powered straight trucks or tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver feed to customers in the surrounding area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist feed mill operator with loading/unloading of truck.
- Responsible for reading gauges or meters and records quantity loaded and unloaded.
- Complies with US DOT drug or breath alcohol testing requirements, the Agtegras’ Drug Free Workplace Policy, OSHA regulations, and the Agtegra Vehicle Policy and Fleet Safety Program.
- Completes all Agtegra Truck logs and DOT Truck logs; maintains driver log per I.C.C. regulations.
- Inspects all assigned trucks for defects/safety hazards before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. (Pre/post- trip inspections.)
- Performs basic clean-up and preventative maintenance on all assigned trucks, and other shop duties along with various plant operation and general maintenance and housekeeping.
- Delivers product and services to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Submits accurate sales tickets and completes required records and paperwork daily.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks.
- General knowledge of valves and tanks and their operation is beneficial.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License; Class A CDL preferred.