- Perform physical analytical sampling and testing of raw ingredients, packaging materials and finished goods dairy food products in accordance with established guidelines. Ability to apply and interpret results.
- Perform microbiological/bacteriological sampling and testing of dairy food products in accordance with established guidelines. Ability to apply and interpret results.
- Identify and effectively communicate any out-of-specification analytical test results. Follow established notification protocol.
- Routinely collect product samples from production lines as outlined by testing timeline guidelines.
- Exceptional organizational skills in order to maintain all QC records and filing.
- Accurately and neatly complete analytical testing documents.
- Ability to prepare various stock solutions used in the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all lab testing equipment.
- Perform environmental control swabbing after clean-up and CIP/SIP. Report any deviations.
- Knowledge of consumer complaint investigation process.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Support mock and product recall program guidelines.
- Prepare and process production records to isolate any out of specification product including any product deviations from standard, on-hold, regulatory holds, etc.
- Prepare and distribute customer certificates of analysis.
- Must be proficient with all quality control functions throughout the facility.
- Must be able to complete, pass and maintain specific State regulatory licensing/certificate requirements (Appendix N, Good Laboratory Practices).
- Perform good laboratory housekeeping within established housekeeping guidelines.
- Comply with all Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP’s).
- Comply with federal, state and local dairy food regulations.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Company Values.
- Work together professionally with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other duties as required by management.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a (4) four-year college degree in a science related field of study or (4)-years of demonstrated work experience in a quality control laboratory.
- Previous experience with food quality specifications, process control monitoring and positive release documentation or similar experience with strict adherence to protocol is preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and/or certifications is a plus, but not required.
- An working understanding of food manufacturing acronyms (SQF, QA/QC, CQP, QAP, HACCP, SOP,5S, GMP, etc.)
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer and business skills (Microsoft Office products, email, fax, copy, scanning)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated work history.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humid), prolonged periods of standing/walking. Bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment throughout the shift.
- Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures.
- Physical lifting up to 40-lbs intermittently throughout shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a support role for a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Our quality technicians are assigned to a team on shifts, 24/7 operation to support manufacturing. This can either be days, swing or night shift and weekends. Work days and shifts may change to help cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or quality related events such as audits.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Saputo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or Deltek.Support@Saputo.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran statusus. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice – California Candidates
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?
- Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal“). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.