This is a full-time, exempt position.
The role of Shift Forman is to coordinate the people, assets and business practices for a cotton seed processing facility that operates 24/7. This individual must actively seek and support the company vision and values, always seeking to perform their duties in the best interest of the company. This position works a 7 day rotating schedule and supervises the following operations.
- Receiving cottonseed by truck and rail
- Accurate storage of cottonseed
- Reclaiming cottonseed from storage
- Cleaning cottonseed of foreign material
- Delinting of cottonseed
- Lint cleaning and baling
- Load out of lint bales by truck and rail
- De-hulling of cottonseed
- Storing and pelletizing cottonseed hulls
- Loadout of cottonseed hulls and pellets by truck and rail
- Preparation of cottonseed meats
- Solvent extraction of cottonseed meats
- Storing, and load out of cottonseed meal by truck and rail
- Caustic refining, bleaching, and deodorizing of cottonseed oil
- Receiving and Load out of cottonseed oil by truck and rail
- Coordinate rail movements between each department to ensure safe and efficient movements
Compliance: Responsible for improving a safe working environment for our employees, contractors and visitors.
Encouraging employees to work safely with environmental awareness and good manufacturing practices in mind.
Ensures compliance with occupational safety and health regulations environmental regulations and food safety requirements. Recommends and implements improvements to company facilities, equipment and safety programs.
Production: Coordinates operation of the production area to insure adherence to established product, environmental, safety and housekeeping quality guidelines set by the company.
- Interacts directly with operators to produce desired operational results and employee development.
- Continually fine-tuning and optimizing the process, to improve efficiency and safety in the production area.
- Serves as a contact for, production and maintenance planning, giving mentorship as to the priorities.
- Conducts daily review of paperwork (i.e. safety, environmental, food safety, quality reports and production review).
- Supports all areas of the plant and area lead men, operators and maintenance.
- Supports Quality and the Food Safety Management System and may be a member of the Food Safety Team.
- Mentors and coaches hourly personnel. Follows through with disciplinary procedures when mentoring and coaching are not effective.
- Ensures that the daily housekeeping and sanitation lists are completed and signed off
- Leadership experience preferred, significant relevant experience will be considered
- Strong proactive leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Interpersonal skills employed include handling conflict; motivating, instructing, and training
- Technical competence in mechanics, instrumentation, controls, calculations, and utility systems
- Proficient digital literacy, and have excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage time for optimal results
- Able to utilize independent judgment to solve problems
- Effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, meet deadlines, and strive for continuous improvement and high expectation of direct reports
- Must commit to spending most of your time in plant areas to be an effective leader (i.e. walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through close spaces)!
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally when required!
Relocation is available with this position.
This position includes a full benefits package including 401k/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.