- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex to complex information systems.
- Devise or modify code to solve complex problems considering system capacity and limitations, operating time and desired results.
- Perform technical reviews of code developed by other development personnel.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written as well as design, code, test, debug, document and maintain those programs.
- Assist with activity, status and progress reports as well as with the creation of comprehensive test plans, including individual program test plans and system test plans.
- Provide work direction, guidance, mentoring and training to less-experienced developers.
- Adhere to programming/development deadlines as determined by supervisor or more senior team member.
- Operate within CHS IT development standards and a standard system development life cycle.
- Active participation with agile ceremonies including sprint planning.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- 5 plus years of related experience with the following
- Comprehensive knowledge of all phases of a development life cycle
- Comprehensive understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Well-versed in interactive design principles and attention to technical and visual detail
- Experience identifying scenarios to apply common design patterns and application of those design patterns
- UI web design experience using wireframe mockups
- Demonstrated experience in creating and consuming Web Services (WCF & WebAPI)
- Experience automating processes using PowerShell
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
- Experience within an Agile scrum team in collaborative fast paced environment
- Experience developing client-side interactivity on mobile devices
- Experience developing web applications with Angular 4+ and NgRx
- Experience writing well performing T-SQL, including troubleshooting performance
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.