Agtegra Cooperative is seeking a sales agronomist in Mellette, SD.
The Sales Agronomist role is responsible for managing and growing sales with an assigned customer base of current and prospective customers, developing relationships with customers. The Sales Agronomist is responsible for promotion and sales of all agronomy products and services offered from Agtegra Cooperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships and form mutual trust with new and current customers to understand their needs.
- Develop a business plan by customer that demonstrates the best crop production practices to maximize yield.
- Conducts sales calls to promote and coordinate the profitable sale of crop nutrients, seed, crop protection, precision ag, and services as well as other products offered to safety customer needs.
- Grow and maintain business with customers as assigned by management.
- Develops a strong working relationship with location manager and Agtegra Cooperative agronomy team to maximize customer service and teamwork.
- Develop a strong working relationship with local supplier representatives to help support their products as prioritized by the Agtegra Cooperative Agronomy Leadership Team.
- Assist in facilitating operations to meet outlined customer service expectations.
- Examines results of crop production studies to discover and enhance characteristics such as yield, quality, adaptation to specific soils or climates, and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of and enforces the cooperative’s credit policy.
- Maintains company facilities, personal workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles; performing cleaning and maintenance to maintain a clean and safe environment for customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, including OSHA Regulations, the vehicle policy and fleet safety program, and DOT regulations.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Agronomy or Agriculture preferred with a minimum of 3 years of sales experience in the agronomic industry in seed, crop protection/nutrients; or 5-6 years of sales experience in the agronomic industry in seed, crop protection/nutrients, or equivalent combination of education and experience.