Agritech Research is seeking a full-time Research Agronomist to join our team to be in our Iowa region. While being a part of a research team that manages test plots in 26 states, this position will work remotely from an individuals’ home office to help manage and oversee our test plots within the Midwest. This position demands independent thinking, time management, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently and with a field crew. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting our Regional Lead Research Agronomists with planting, collecting field notes, weed control, monitoring plots throughout the growing season, and harvest. Travel is extensive and requires on average 100 nights in a hotel. Company vehicles will be provided for all travel required for the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or an agricultural related field.
- Ability to work 70-hour weeks during planting and harvest.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Word, and Excel.
- Preferably have a farming background with experience operating farm equipment.
- Ability to obtain a commercial pesticide applicator license for multiple states within region.
- Ability to obtain a Class A CDL license with air brakes. New employees are offered a 3 to 4-week CDL training class.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Overtime Pay
- 2-3 Months Paid Vacation
- 3% Simple IRA Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance Supplement
Who We Are:
Agritech Research is a small company that has been contracted by our customer since 2006 and has grown precipitously to meet their needs for plot research. We pride ourselves on being efficient and productive in our processes. Agritech Research plants, monitors, and harvests over 130 research plots of corn for Bayer Crop Science throughout the Mid-West, the North East, Southern Plains, the Southeast, and the Mississippi Delta as a team. We use technologically advanced research planters and combines to be able to capture quality data for our customer. We look for honest individuals who accept responsibility, value hard work, put safety first, enjoy teamwork, and can generate ideas for the future.