- Serves as a liaison and builds strong relationships with sponsor and key project stakeholders as well as interactions with senior leaders, partners and stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively to direct/indirect project team. Speaks and writes with impact.
- Manages vendors.
- Work is performed under a minimal level of supervision and reviewed as needed for soundness of judgment.
- Moves projects, and any corresponding tasks and assignments, to closure.
- Manages and delivers on projects with overlapping schedules with potential multiple inter-dependencies.
- Builds strong teams with indirect management of a strong-matrix project team consisting of full-time and contracted resources assigning individual responsibilities and enforcing accountability. Able to address issues via direct 1-1 dialog with project resources.
- Escalates issues or risks impacting the critical path; of forecasts with a negative trend; of negative energy or barriers to change.
- Makes decisions within the constraints of the project or sub projects.
- Defines project scope and objectives combined with a core understanding of business needs / project outcomes.
- Supports organization on specific projects, often requiring coordination between IT departments.
- Builds trust across team.
- Manages and delivers on projects with change of medium impact.
- Manages all aspects of the project budget and estimating, reporting, forecasting and controlling, including taking corrective cost actions for significant projects.
- Creates and monitors a project plan and schedule by identifying and managing appropriate resources as well as acting as a liaison between teams.
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes.
- Ensures a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Manages ambiguity.
- Identifies and mitigates common project and business risks iimplementing actions and workarounds to mitigate project risk events to minimize the impact on the project.
- Ensures defined PMO processes and methods are being followed.
- Maintains compliance with and enforces company’s standard policies and procedures.
- Occasionally work non-traditional work hours.
- Maintains and promotes a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- May manage and deliver on large projects with >$1M dollar budgets, duration of 1-6 months or more, 2-5 internal teams.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in the management of projects with cross functional systems and applications teams to include:
- Experience of general project management metrics across scope, schedule and budget
- Experience of general project management in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated Project Management experience through all “project phases” and for all PMI “knowledge areas” for global implementations and projects
- Provide subject matter guidance to stakeholders, IT partners
- Experience working in an Agile environment including supporting tools
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Experience as a Program Manager or executive Project Manager
- Experience using MS Project and SharePoint as a workflow and management repository
- PMP certification or other formal project management training
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master), SA (SAFe Agilist), SSM (SAFe Scrum Master) certifications
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and/or agile delivery models
- Experience in procurement of IT equipment and working with different vendors and managing resources in different geographical locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project Server 2016, Excel and Visio and SharePoint
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.