Standard Wellness is hiring a Master Grower for their Orion Township, Michigan location. Standard Wellness is in Metro Detroit area, in the heart of Oakland County, Michigan’s most affluent and business friendly county. Standard Wellness is a self-funded, privately held company operating a 70,000+ sq/ft grow facility with 300,000+ sq/ft of additional facilities under construction, which puts them on track to be one of the largest cannabis production operations in the Midwest by 2021. This Master Grower will run his/her own grow operation and assist during the final buildout of a 50,000+ sq/ft facility that is coming online in the coming months. You will establish best practices and operating procedures to maximize production, quality and efficiency and minimize cost. This is a hands-on Master Grower role, working entirely within the facility, interacting with the plants during all cloning, transplanting, feeding, integrated pest management, production, harvest, and inventory activities. You will regularly interact with the CEO and leadership team to communicate progress and strategize for future growth.
This role offers involvement in leading several types of grow facilities, including indoor and outdoor. Standard Wellness offers best in market salaries, benefits and relocation assistance.
Your focuses will include:
- Create, implement, and maintain standard growing best practices and operating procedures
- Coordinate production to meet wholesale needs
- Hire, train and manage a team of growers
- Maintain plant health while maximizing production
- Monitor Profit and Loss (P&L) reports and evaluate performance in production and quality
Strong candidates will possess:
- 7+ yrs of commercial, regulated, and licensed cannabis growing experience, which may include experience as a lead grower, lead cultivator, grow manager, cultivation manager.
- Experience in multiple different grow mediums.
- Strong cultivation, plant nutrient and IPM knowledge.
- Formal higher education in botany, agronomy, plant science, horticulture preferred
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to measure against KPI