At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Diversity Inc as #17 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Leadership Development Program (LDP) – MBA Class of 2020
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Leadership Development Programs (LDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF’s culture, values, and decision-makers.
Explore your sense of adventure. Build your professional network. Engage your passion for challenge. Apply for the BASF MBA Leadership Development Program!
APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS RECEIVING A MASTER’S DEGREE BETWEEN DECEMBER 2019 AND AUGUST 2020.
- As a highly motivated rising graduate, you will participate in a 24-month cross-functional program with rotations in various areas within the organization, consisting of functional and business group assignments
- Your ability to be mobile will be critical, as this program is comprised of three domestic six-month assignments, all in separate locations, and one six-month international assignment
- Successfully engaging across the business, your projects will include preparing operational plans, new business development, implementing strategy, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Upon your completion of the program, you may be offered direct placement within the organization in a variety of disciplines in general management
- Potential start dates are June and August of 2020
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Join us on campus! We’ll be recruiting at the following schools:
National Black MBA – Houston, TX
9/26 – 9/27 – FT & Intern MBA LDP Interviews
University of Michigan – Ross
TBD – Company Presentation
9/23 – FT MBA LDP Interviews
January 2020 – Intern MBA LDP Interviews
University of North Carolina – Kenan-Flagler
9/17 – Company Presentation
9/20 – Networking Forum
10/7 or 10/9 – FT & Intern MBA LDP Interviews
January 2020 – Intern MBA LDP Interviews
Prospanica – Orlando, FL
10/31 – 11/1 – FT MBA LDP Interviews
*Note: Dates and locations are subject to change
If selected for an interview, the process for this role may include a one-way recorded HireVue interview, as well as live in-person or virtual interview. Live interviews will consist of a one-hour panel interview with three BASF representatives.
• Candidates receiving a full-time LDP job offer will be invited to participate in a BASF Site Visit on October 22, 2019 in New Jersey. Additional details will be provided to applicable candidates.
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Visit www.basf.com/universitycareers for the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Upcoming MBA graduates pursuing a career in General Management (graduating between December 2019 – August 2020)
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- 3-6 years of work experience prior to MBA
- International exposure or experience preferred
- Significant fiscal oversight experience
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or future sponsorship
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: MBA, Management