Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Internship: WinField United – Research
Research internships include a variety of areas, such as Technical Seed Management, Forages, Answer Plot, and Technical Marketing. Expand your understanding of the process to research seed and crop inputs in the market and experience what it takes to innovate, test, and release new products. These roles allow you to work outside with plot research, and potentially some lab work to develop the data and insights to assist continued research-backed innovation to our product portfolio.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a related field of study.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Properly wear chemical application equipment and personal protective equipment while working.
- Maintain a clean-shaven face to allow for a proper seal with respiratory protection equipment.
- Operate various types of vehicles in variable types of road and weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and willing to work outside in changing weather conditions.
- Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground.
- Adhere to strict safety standards when handling crop protection products in lab and field settings.
- Attentive to detail and able to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills.
- Manage time and effectively prioritize and implement projects and general work tasks.
- Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
- Flexible and can adapt to changing business surroundings.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy