Welcome to Stine Seed Company! We are the country’s largest privately-owned seed company, specializing in soybean and corn genetics, headquartered in Adel, Iowa. The Stine name has a proud history dating to the 1940s when Bill Stine began cleaning public variety of soybean seed with a portable cleaner. Since then, Stine has grown and expanded, becoming one of the most recognized and respected names in the corn and soybean industry, owning more than 800 patents.
We’re hiring for Full-Time and Part-Time Independent Sales Representatives. This is an outside sales role where you will be selling directly to farms to build your territory. You will have autonomy to strategize on how to manage your territory knowing your farming community. You would be based from your home covering a several-county-wide territory although there are not set territory lines. If you are driven and genuinely enjoy building lasting relationships with others, Stine Seeds is the perfect opportunity to expand your career.
We are rapidly growing our organization and are looking to hire throughout the Midwest and Northeast regions.
Independent Sales Representatives Enjoy:
- Selling a 30 plus year reputation for quality seed products
- No cap on their commission with monthly sales draws as you are developing your territory
- Flexibility to work your territory your way
- Ongoing training and agronomic support
An ideal candidate would bring:
- Three or more years of sales experience; preferably in agriculture, agronomy, seed and/or ag equipment
- Prior success in relationship sales with a longer sales cycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of proven sales techniques, as well as excellent negotiating skills and the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Self-starter who can develop daily and weekly goals with little direction
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with growers by understanding their needs and values and achieve desired results
What you will be doing:
- Serve as primary ambassador of the Stine brand within the assigned territory
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Stine seed products and services applicable to the assigned territory
- Proactively seek new and profitable grower accounts to drive business growth; continually develop relationships within your community
- Understand and implement marketing initiatives while driving key products and services in key target markets
- Communicate and implement Stine’s sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales goals for the district
- Work in conjunction with the Stine Regional Sales Agronomist to provide a high level of sales support within the assigned territory
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers and potential customers, either personally or through a designated seller