Our team is growing! We are currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to promote benefits plans and lead wellness initiatives for 1,000+ employees based out of our Shafter, CA offices. The successful candidate will display a passion and enthusiasm for helping and informing others about our benefits, health and wellness programs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with peers and HR management team in supporting multi-site operations.
Roles and Responsibilities are in the following functional areas: benefits administration, performance management support, health and wellness initiatives, recruitment and retention support, employment processing (on boarding, orientations, training, etc.), electronic personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, training, employment law compliance, payroll data entry (updates), development and implementation for both policy/procedures.
- Assists with maintaining the employee handbook, policies and procedures manual as needed.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, enrollment and communicating benefit information to employees on various plans including EAP as needed
- Provides support to the safety department as needed.
- Conducts new position intake meetings with hiring manager for posting.
- Supports recruiting as needed for all exempt and non-exempt personnel and interns including new position intake meetings, interviews, screens,
- Enters, updates, and audits new employee hires and changes into ADP
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, processes and systems
- Supports company internship programs (high school and college).
- Manage company leave programs by effectively interpreting FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Work with supervisors and managers on appropriate performance corrective action.
- Reviews applications, interviews applicants, screens and recruits job applicants to fill professional, technical and field job openings.
- Advise employees, and people leaders about company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures, etc.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and identifies training opportunities
- Creates, updates and organizes HR SOP’s as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates or provides training to the workforce in both English and Spanish
- Translates documents from English to Spanish both written and verbal.
- Updates employee communication boards with company events, updates
- Supports and leads continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Maintains and updates electronic personnel records.
- Plans, communicates and coordinates company events as assigned.
- Visits field crews as needed to launch or support initiatives.
- Provides cross-functional training to HR team/peers.
- Creates and distributes HR related communication as needed
- Reporting – ADP rosters, employment verifications, Cal AG labor report, EDD, SS match, Geotab/Samba, etc.
- Some travel required during work hours
- Considerable knowledge of HR practices
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of current employment laws and HR Practices
- Knowledge of ADP preferred
- Bilingual required (Eng/Span)
- Understanding of state and federal regulatory agencies
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years HR Generalist Experience
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness — for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world – We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally – We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious — and best-tasting — foods are those from nature.
- We play to win – Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently – With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
With approximately 90,000 planted acres in California’s San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world’s largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems.
Wonderful Orchards is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4.8 billion company with 7,800 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.