Welcome to Overlook Harvesting! We started our family-owned operation to address the agricultural labor of Central Florida and Michigan. As an early adopter of the H-2A temporary guest worker program, we specialize in providing growers with dependable harvesting labor solutions. Over the years, our reputation for professionalism and reliability has helped our company grow and allowed us to expand. Today, we harvest many different crops with the same exceptional-quality service we’ve delivered since the beginning.
We’re hiring a Bilingual H2A Program Manager for our Michigan Office which will be moving soon to the Rockford/Kent City, Michigan area. In this role you will be highly focused on managing the program and compliance for our H2A labor. You will be working on filing petitions with the government, handling all housing compliance and inspections, providing safety training to crew members and working closely with our recruitment agencies in Mexico on staffing needs. We are a smaller, fast-growing organization and are looking for someone who is an all-hands-on deck player.
This position is for you if you:
- Are fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English and Spanish
- Have prior experience in agriculture; ideally preferred
- Are a natural self-starter with a passion for being extremely detailed; maintaining accuracy while still moving with a strong purpose and meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel within the state to farms
- Ability to work in Microsoft excel and word
Main Focus Areas
- File H2A Petitions and complete all the associated paperwork, reporting and deficiencies related to such petitions.
- Manage all housing Inspections for H2A housing, including all inspections with the State Workforce Agency and all county health department inspections. This also includes any other inspections initiated by other governmental entities or regular inspections performed by company.
- Meet, supervise, manage contractors or employees on H2A housing repairs, cleaning, and improvements.
- Manage all worker lists provided by Overlook’s Crew leaders. This includes main worker lists and reserve list.
- Assist in buying supplies including bunks, mattresses, towels, soap, sheets, cleaning materials, etc for H2A workers and housing.
- Assist in paperwork / recruitment process in Mexico, and work with our Mexican labor agent(s).
- In working with our Mexico labor agents, you would work on the process of interviewing and transporting workers from Mexico to their assigned state and job sites.
- Perform safety training, orientation for all crews, including all paperwork, video’s, and training; often this is done in larger groups
- Handle all of Overlook’s medical, prescription drug, doctor visits, work comp and other various employee issues.
- Manage all of Overlook’s housing, including landlord issues, maintenance and repairs.
- Assist with “in field and on farm” management of the H2A workers during their season.
- Manage issues with performance of workers and handle any necessary terminations while maintaining compliance on the termination process.
- Travel within Michigan and to various states to help facilitate H2a orientations, housing requirements and project management.