Join us. Do work that matters!
In partnership with the U.S. Forest Service Southwestern Region, MobilizeGreen seeks a 26-week Sustainable Recreation Resource Assistant (RA) Intern to work in the Santa Fe National Forest. The primary responsibility of the RA will be to assist the forest staff with the revision of the sustainable recreation action plan to move the forest recreation program into a new era of social, fiscal and environmental sustainability. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and diverse applicants with relevant education or experience are encouraged to apply.
Location:The Santa Fe National Forest, 11 Forest Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87598
Term:26-weeks. Full-Time (40 hrs/week).
- $500/week living allowance (stipend).
- Hands on learning and job training experience.
- Site travel stipend and housing/housing stipend eligible
- 2-year non-competitive hiring certificate with the Forest Service (must successfully complete position and at least 960 hours).
- Health Insurance eligible.
- Mentorship for career and professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and execution of sustainable recreation public meetings to be held in 2020.
- Assist with implementing public outreach for the Forest fee proposal.
- Update Natural Resource Manager (NRM) recreation and trails database by conducting recreation site assessments and other field data collection (e.g. trails).
- Conduct an analysis of the fiscal sustainability of the Forest developed recreation program to inform future investment strategies and maximize opportunities for public service.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Recent college/graduate student with a degree in recreation, natural resource management, or a conservation-related field; 4-Year degree preferred
- Ability to work independently,workoutdoors, andwork collaboratively onprojects.
- Deep interest in environment/natural resource management and the U.S. Forest Service.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Work Environment: May be required to travel and work in the backcountry and other remote locations on the forest, independently, and in teams. Field work and administrative work in an office.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you would be a good match
- 3 references
For other positions:-board
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: cultivate, fishery, fisheries, forestry, hides, horse, marine, paddock, plant, tree