Welcome to Michigan Valley Irrigation. Since 1985, Michigan Valley Irrigation has been serving Michigan and the surrounding areas. We have 3 locations in Michigan located in Vassar, McBride, and Battle Creek. We are a full-service agricultural irrigation company, proudly selling the Valley brand of irrigation equipment. From irrigation of specialty crops to management of wastewater, Michigan Valley Irrigation has a solution. We pride ourselves on being a true partner with our employees and offering a great place to work.
Join a highly driven team that’s passionate about our customers. We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Field Service Technician for our Battle Creek, MI location. You will be traveling locally on-site to farms to provide both mechanical and electrical repair to irrigation equipment including center pivots, variable frequency drives, wells and pumps, and auxiliary control equipment. You will be providing high quality customer service while troubleshooting, servicing, reconditioning and/or installing systems. Enjoy being out in the elements and working on equipment throughout the year.
We’re looking for individuals who are willing and able to work long hours outside, including evenings and weekends. Starting pay for qualified candidates is $20-$25 per hour. Must have or be willing to get a CDL.
We Offer: Competitive hourly wages, over time, paid time off and 401K with matching.
This job might be for you if you have
- Prior electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair
- Prior farming and/or agriculture experience or strong understanding of the industry highly preferred.
- The ability to work year-round with peak hours during Spring/Summer (2300-2600 hours per year), work outdoors, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record with the ability to obtain and maintain a class A CDL.
- A desire to work on equipment and are known for being a quick learner.
What you would be doing
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and conduct mechanical and electrical repair on center pivot and corner arm irrigation systems using test equipment and tools to determine root cause. Our equipment consists of gear boxes, electric motors, pumps, VFDs, and electrical control panels.
- Adapt to new and evolving technology. Specifically, GPS guidance and positioning, telemetry control, and communications.
- Work directly with farm growers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs and provide instruction on operating irrigation equipment and technology.
- Work with installation crews on setup of new systems.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams and operations manuals.
- Participate in various training and company meetings.
- Complete service reports and maintain clear customer records.