Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
As a Field Sales Agronomist at Central Valley Ag for our Tamora, NE location you will be responsible for sales of agronomy products and services to area producers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for consulting with producers and making appropriate recommendations of fertilizer, seed, chemical and GPS products and services.
2. Responsible for maintaining current customer base and developing new business.
3. Carries out and is responsible for the development of the agronomy marketing program for location.
4. Responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction by handling complaints professionally.
5. Calls on prospective producers to build new business and to increase sales.
6. Facilities in the logistics of custom application equipment and product.
7. Works with supervisor to discuss promotions and/or problems in the field.
8. Keeps supervisor apprised of sales trends.
9. Assists in plant operations.
10. Assists with field scouting.
11. Ensures proper billing procedures.
12. Comply with current Central Valley Ag credit policies.
13. Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
14. Assists other divisions and locations as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Good speaking, writing and time management skills required.
• Must possess problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to use good judgment and decision making.
• General mathematics and accounting skills required.
• Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Three to four years' related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.