The Farm Performance Consultant is the face of the VAS Brand within the market and is vital to achieving the needs & goals of our customers. They build relationships every time they pick up the phone and/or step foot on the dairy. This position is a sales position focusing on our Enterprise Accounts, Customer Facing relationships.
In this position you will work remote within the assigned territory (Colorado, Kansas, Northern Texas).
- Using Salesforce to plan, visit, track and document a required number of dairy visits placing focus on our Enterprise Accounts and large herd prospects:
- Listen and learn about our customers/prospects needs to build a strong relationship and teach them about our products and services
- Pass all support opportunities to the appropriate department and focus on developing long lasting relationships
- Strategically plan and visit with Veterinarians and/or consultants within the territory to introduce them to the VAS Platform and “What’s New at VAS”. Build and maintain these relationships so that they use and sell our products in their daily jobs
- Share VAS’ vision with all you come in contact
- Demo and show all new developments on the VAS Platform during herd visits
- Work with the FeedWatch product management team on growing FeedWatch leads and sales.
- Will be responsible for sales revenue goals in the assigned territory.
- Control expenses in your territory according to plan
- Record ALL activities for the week/month in SalesForce, ie., Dairy visits, Dairy phone calls, support cases, ag business visits, events attended
- Attend the monthly sales, support, VAS Platform & FeedWatch meetings to stay abreast on changes/expectations within the organization.
- Conduct roundtable and Enterprise meetings in your territory in which you will:
- Work with Training Coordinator to organize a venue, produce material and speakers that are appropriate for the meeting
- Contact Key Accounts, Veterinarians, Feed Consultants and Enterprise Accounts to attend the meeting with a minimum of 30 people to attend each meeting.
- Answer all calls and inquiries from customers in a prompt manner and when there is non-sales related needs, pass them onto the appropriate department.
- Attend industry events in your territory to network with customers and learn what is new in the industry.
- Work with universities in your territory to encourage the use of DCTeach to expose students to VAS products, they are our future! Teaching classes and allowing them to use the online videos and classes are needed for those unfamiliar with DairyComp, VAS Platform, ParlorBoss and FeedWatch
- You are REQUIRED to submit a weekly summary every Friday to the VAS Leadership team
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Administration or Agricultural based degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Intermediate skills with the Microsoft products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Experience with Navision and Salesforce preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to present to large groups of people, conduct a professional meeting with clients/customers
- Must be organized and possess the ability to use Outlook and Salesforce for scheduling, documenting and planning site visits and meetings
- Multi-tasking skills and capable of meeting deadlines
- Must be ambitious, self-directed and motivated to succeed
- Must be able to aggressively pursue new clients/customers
- Must be able to manage territory assigned and travel 25-50% of the time
- Yearly growth of Annual Reoccurring Revenue (ARR)
- Growth and maintenance of Enterprise customer relationships
- Number of new licenses sold with focus on DCUnlimited, DCConsultant, FeedWatch & ParlorBoss
- % of customers active and live on the VAS Platform
- Successful and routine Roundtable and Enterprise Meetings throughout the territory