Morley Farms is a multi-generational farming operation located in Highwood, MT (North Central Montana). We are a diversified operation with a 270-head stocker cattle operation along with a 9,500-acre crop operation where we focus on growing wheat, barley, lentils, canola, and chickpeas. Join a team that shares a passion for agriculture and enjoy working in beautiful Montana.
We’re Hiring a full-time, year-round Farm Mechanic & Operator to assist in both the grain and livestock side of the business while working alongside the owners, splitting responsibilities to ensure efficiency. You will be performing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting a large fleet including tractors, heavy equipment, trucks, trailers, farm implements, and harvesters. We do not perform any large transmission or engine overhauls on-site. For our grain operation, you would assist with field work, planting, and harvesting by operating equipment and hauling grain.
We offer a competitive compensation along with housing, insurance is negotiable, and vacation. We’re ideally looking to hire someone that is interested in a long-term relationship with the company.
Your focuses will include:
- Operate equipment in the field including field work, assisting with planting, spraying and harvest
- Haul grain to local elevators and haul inputs
- Assist with basic maintenance and repairs on trucks, equipment, and facilities
- Assist in all areas of the farm as needed (grain facilities, shop, maintenance, livestock feeding)
- Communicate with both leaders and with the others on the team on field conditions, concerns and ideas for improvement
Quality candidates will possess:
- Strong mechanical ability to perform basic mechanical repairs
- Equipment operation preferred, not required
- Motivated, hardworking, and strong communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive tractor/trailers
- Ensure a safe working environment and maintain cleanliness, equipment, facilities, and house