As an intern in the engineering department, the successful candidate will be engaged to further develop the efforts of Dole Fresh Vegetables for continuous improvement. The intern will focus on fully understanding, reevaluating and communicating the manufacturing intended specs of the wash water system design versus the implemented practices. The goal of the project is to increase the utilization of the plant wash water system to maximize the cold chain while achieving product quality standards and expectations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Gain a basic understanding of the current utilization of the wash water systems
- Understand, research and evaluate original wash water system standards
- Recommend, document and communicate specific system types for both core and tender leaf products
- Develop and communicate benefits of resulted recommendation
- Follow all employee safety and food safety policies and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 2020 summer internship
- Paid internship
- No housing assistance provided
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and MS-Project
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Understanding and ability to apply basic Mechanical Engineering principles, theories and concepts
- Dynamic, hands-on ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented food-processing environment
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, lift up to 40 pounds, identify and distinguish colors, and work in a cold environment (35* on Plant floor).
- Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Current rising Junior or Senior majoring in Mechanical / Electrical or Chemical Engineering or other related engineering field, from an accredited college/university.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Location Bessemer City, North Carolina, United States Position Type Intern