Who We Are: A commercial construction company that is on pace to surpass is hiring a full-time Diesel Mechanic. This large, fast pace company has over 100 items in its fleet (primarily dump trucks & construction equipment) is looking for someone 2nd shift to join their team! You will be responsible for repairing various diesel vehicles and transmission systems. Located on the north side of Detroit, you will have the ability to work in the evenings, while keeping your days free.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance and repair of trucks, heavy equipment, load trailers and other motor vehicles
• Most common company truck is a International 4300 which has been converted to a dump truck. Company currently owns 50+ such trucks in its fleet.
• Most common piece of heavy equipment is a CAT loader. Also have several mini-excavators and other construction equipment.
• Specialize in vehicle transmission and hydraulic systems
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance and MDOT inspections
• Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
• Electrical experience with electronics on trucks preferred.
• 3+ years experience as a diesel mechanic. (Preferably ASE certified)
• Must have a good working knowledge of diesel engines.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Deadline and detail-oriented; must be able to meet management performance metrics.
• Must be able to learn new technology.
• Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation to facilitate on-the-job repairs.
• Chauffeur's or CDL license preferred.
• Ability to understand entry level Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Schedule: Mon-Fri with weekends subject to special projects or emergencies (not typical). You would start at 2pm (potential for a different later set, agreed upon start time if you prefer to start at 3 or 4pm) with 40-50 hours of work per week on average. There will be opportunities for overtime dictated by the work demand. They would report to and be based out of our shop in Detroit, but will need to conduct onsite repairs when needed.
Benefits include: 3 types of health plans choose from (employer contributes partly to the plan), Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Accident Coverage, 401k with employer match (100% for the 1st 3% income contributed, then 50% for the next 2% contributed – net net, if employee contributes $5, then the employer matches $4).