This position serves as a trusted advisor to the CFO, CIO, CHRO, General Counsel and their respective organizations, providing critical decision support relative to capital projects and strategic initiatives. Foremost among those initiatives is a multi-year, phased SAP-enabled transformation. Additionally, this position will lead the budgeting/forecasting processes and oversee accounting and financial reporting for the corporate functions.
Serve as a financial advisor to the CFO, CIO, CHRO and General Counsel by providing decision support regarding strategic investment decisions.
- Contribute hands-on financial leadership to SAP project investment. Establish, track and report progress against SAP implementation KPIs. Serve as a member on the Enterprise Transformation Council (ETC).
- Lend decision support to optimize investments and ensure spend is aligned with enterprise strategies.
- Develop a framework and methodology for evaluating investments.
- Develop and articulate the value proposition to gain stakeholder support for innovations that deliver competitive advantage.
- Serve a trusted business partner demonstrating a deep understanding of strategic business priorities and growth drivers.
Lead the budgeting/forecasting processes and oversee accounting and financial reporting for the corporate functions.
- Advise corporate functional leaders on strategic financial planning activities and decisions.
- Support the development of short- and long-range financial plans, annual budgets and current year forecasts.
- Highlight and lead opportunities with functional leaders to achieve expense targets.
- Work with other corporate finance teams to ensure tasks are completed correctly and within established policies and procedures.
- Ensure the right internal controls and overall infrastructure are in place to measure, understand and monitor corporate results relative to action plans and milestones.
- Establish strong project financial management practices.
- Coordinate budgeting and forecasting with corporate FP&A team.
Develop communication methods and insightful reporting metrics to inform internal stakeholders. Actively partner with functional leaders to review results, provide insights and develop action plans.
- Provide functional leaders with financial reporting that enable them to clearly understand budget performance.
- Provide actionable insights, advice and metrics to drive cost optimization and guide sound decision-making.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 12 years related financial management experience including strategic and business planning, accounting and financial analysis.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Working knowledge of the Technology Business Management (TBM) framework
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.