Join Land O’Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America’s favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You’ll be joining a team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We’re looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food’s toughest challenges.
WinField United New Grad Associate Program
WinField United, a Land O’Lakes, Inc. company, has a passionate focus on our customers. We offer top-performing seed, value added crop protection and crop nutrient products with unmatched data-backed insight-driven agronomic excellence, innovative technology and performance, with a commitment to advancing sustainability in our industry.
This entry-level position is a two year rotational program, offering two unique 12-month experiences. Following completion of the program, the goal is placement within WinField United, Land O’Lakes, Inc. or a strategically aligned owner business.
- Year One – you will work directly with a WinField United strategically aligned owner to gain retail experience and aid in deployment of technology, product campaigns and agronomic support.
- Year Two – you will work directly on a WinField United team in a role that aligns with your desired career path.
In both of the rotations, you will gain experience in utilizing the latest agronomic technologies, as well as enable our ag customers to position brands on behalf of WinField United and gain experience building relationships and networks at both levels. Additional opportunities will be offered to gain knowledge in a unique array of strategies to help our entire system succeed within a partnered relationship. Locations will vary and are available throughout the United States.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of May 2020
- Interest in pursuing a future career within the agriculture industry and basic agronomic knowledge
- Ability to draw insights from data
- Willing to travel 20%-50% of the time, which could include nights and weekends
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license and have/maintain a satisfactory driving record in order to operate a company-assigned vehicle
- Must be open to relocation
- Must have completed at least one seasonal internship with WinField United or within an agricultural retailer level
- Make effective decisions and can work independently with limited supervision
- Interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management of all levels
- Ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and in an effective manner
- Create and present informative and educational product presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and detail oriented
- Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground
- Willing to work extended hours during peak seasons (overnight travel could be required)
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy