Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds is a Division of The Wonderful Company, Inc., a multi-national Producer and Marketer of Consumer Brands. Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds is the largest Grower of Pistachio’s and Almonds in the world and Market under the Wonderful Pistachio brand and Wonderful Almond brand. Wonderful Pistachio’s and Almonds are marketed around the world as well as in the United States. Our brands command the #1 or #2 share position in all channels. Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds, as well as all The Wonderful Company subsidiaries, support environmental efforts around the world and are the unquestioned leaders in our categories around Sustainable practices.
Reporting directly to the National Account Director (NAD) for the C-Store, Specialty and Vending Channels for Wonderful Pistachios and Almonds (WP&A) and also working closely with the Dollar/Other COT NAD on specific key customer assignments the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for the co-management of C-Store, Specialty and Vending broker teams with the direct report NAD as well as all activities from planning to implementation of sales strategies at assigned Regional Retail Accounts. This person will work with the NAD’s to carefully analyze, recommend and implement all strategies and tactics agreed upon that maximizes long term volume and profits for the company. This includes management of a designated P&L in support of the Wonderful Company’s profit initiatives for their areas of responsibility. The RSM will be responsible for developing the Relationship Strategy with their Key Accounts, with the objective of insuring continuity of support and sustainability of the business. Additional responsibilities include recommending and managing promotions/merchandising activities and managing the volume forecasting and business reporting. Two RSM positions exist.
Here’s what you’ll do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes lead and initiative in understanding overall category and competitive trends.
- Develop a clear and measurable volume, promotion and distribution plan to achieve overall Wonderful Pistachio & Almond sales objectives with all assigned direct customers and work with broker partners to implement the same plans and objectives with their represented customers.
- Ensure distribution, pricing, promotional and shelving/merchandising objectives are achieved consistently with brand strategy, account objectives and efficient trade spending at both direct assigned and broker represented customers.
- Drive improved execution of account programming by collaborating with customer headquarter contacts and broker partners to include making calls on both direct and broker represented customers.
- Leverages analytical resources to optimize distribution, monitor/manage optimal SKU/pricing strategies, and trade spend.
- Responsible for P&L management: including trade and marketing budgets.
- Drives quality business communication and ongoing cross-functional interaction with Brokers, Sales Team, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Brand Marketing.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly sales performance to ensure delivery of Customer and WP&A business plans. Develop and propose adjustments as needed to meet plan or take advantage of opportunities.
- Develop and implement Account specific programs to achieve optimal business objectives. Monitor and measure results through daily, weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Develop and maintain a Customer Relationship Strategy program to include all appropriate levels to ensure WP&A products are receiving the appropriate support and any issues can be quickly addressed with appropriate Customer interface. Identify and resolves all customer concerns.
- Ability to effectively manage people both directly and indirectly.
- Be highly proficient at developing and delivering sales presentations to secure the objectives within the business plan.
- Conduct product training for customer and broker partners as needed including attending and presenting at broker national and regional meetings.
- Must be available for up to 35 – 50% travel at times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential, strong, dedicated work ethic
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial, innovative and strong work/life balance
- Ability to adapt to evolving role and responsibilities; open to new learning opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a complex culture, serving disparate needs
- Sociable, contemporary and outgoing personality
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and also execute with excellence
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Computer proficiency
- Experience working with IRI and other syndicated data sources.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Six to ten years minimum of relevant work experience, preferably in CPG (consumer packaged goods).
- Demonstrated established relationships at assigned Accounts.
- Solid understanding of the following areas: sales and distribution functions, business development and point-of-sale marketing.
- Knowledge of both Packaged Grocery and Produce areas a plus.
- BA/BS in related field (Finance, Business, or Marketing)
- Must speak the English language fluently
- Must have a valid driver’s license
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Proven success in dealing with senior business executives at all levels
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and condensed work areas. The employee is also exposed to dust particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The dust levels in the work environment are usually high. (Safety protection will be provided)
- The employee may spend 50% or more of their work hours on the plant floor
The duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels required for this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
We are seeking innovative individuals with a keen interest in manufacturing improvement processes. Our commitment to excellence is something we strive for and is evident in the way we conduct our business and treat our employees.
As a job title your main responsibilities will be to drive performance improvement initiatives that will maximize value added time, as well as support performance management processes and develop strong leaders within the department.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
This is an exciting opportunity with unlimited growth potential. Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds offers a great compensation package including excellent medical, vision, dental, life insurance and matching 401k. We also have an onsite fitness and medical facility.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life integration.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is the world’s largest vertically integrated pistachio and almond grower and processor. Located in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds owns, cultivates and harvests more than 65,000 acres of pistachio and almond orchards and ships more than 350 million pounds of nuts globally each year. Our world-class operation supplies both industrial and retail customers, offering high-quality, consistent supply and adherence to rigorous food safety standards. Our nuts can be found in stores nationwide under the flagship retail brands of Wonderful® Pistachios and Wonderful® Almonds. Our iconic Get Crackin’® campaign has inspired consumers to make healthy choices.
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4.6 billion company with 10,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios America’s fastest-growing snack brand. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful® into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI® Water is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in America. JUSTIN® Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories