Primary duties: Training with Dole shipping and transportation personnel. Responsible for learning the business responsibilities and computer systems necessary to become a functional warehouse and transportation assistant. Will eventually be called upon to fill in when warehouse personnel are out of the office.
Secondary duties: Check the quality of fruit, assist inventory inspections/issues when they arise.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Receive, ship, and maintain daily inventory of fresh pineapple using various computer systems.
- JDE One World Sales and Distribution Program
- Transship Traceability
- Equipment Control System
- Using daily orders sheets, coordinate the arrival of product from ports with the loaders, dispatchers, truckers, and sales personnel to ensure proper distribution of varieties and sizes.
- Communicate issues in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the movement of pineapple containers from ports directly to customers or to warehouses utilizing various carriers.
- Coordinate daily with satellite staff on sales orders for their warehouses.
- Update on all changes as made by sales staff.
- Interact with satellite warehouses in South San Francisco and Puyallup, Washington.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Intermediate MS Word and Excel office skills
- Ability to properly use safety equipment and work in a safe and consciences manner.
- Ability to work under-pressure and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills- flexible, diplomatic and works well in a team environment.
- Functional Expertise
Ability to perform basic, repetitive and manual activities.
- Business Expertise
Understands how assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others.
- Problem Solving
Uses existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks.
Has no supervisory responsibilities.
Impacts own work.
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Requires effective verbal and written communication skills and common courtesy. Ability to work well in a team, while effectively communicating professionally at all levels.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Sales personnel, Warehouse Managers, Quality Managers, Production Managers, Forward warehouse managers.
External: Warehouse personnel and truck drivers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prefer 5 year’s work experience in a warehouse setting
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) desired
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear.
- Noise level of the environment is often loud and includes working around heavy equipment
- The employee must be able to:
- Lift and move 50 lb. boxes of bananas
- Work in- and outdoors all seasons
- Work in a warehouse setting or field location
- Work around heavy equipment and in high places
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; cold and
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Part-time/20 hours per week (8:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Location Fullerton, California, United States Position Type Part-Time