Wend Consulting came together over the idea of servicing an industry that is behind on technology but wants to be leading edge. We saw a gap and want to make sure that every company, no matter the size, can compete and deliver excellence to their customer. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to assist our clients in the agricultural and petroleum industries with the biggest decisions and changes in their businesses, including technology/ERP implementation, mergers & acquisitions, and project management.
We are hiring a VP of Business Development – Agriculture to control and oversee all business operations and ventures related to the Agriculture Division of Wend Consulting. You will work from home and may be located anywhere in the US, with preference given to the Midwest.
You will be the highest-ranking manager in the division and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the division to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals. You will focus on business development and client interactions. You will also collaborate with the project management team to ensure clients’ needs are met and all projects, relationships, and commitments are fulfilled in a timely manner.
We offer a strong base salary along with additional compensation for project initiation and completion. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits, with 401k/403b benefits planned for the future.
Your focuses will include:
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to clients so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future, technology, and business process
- Maintain a strong relationship with vendors who Wend has strategic partnerships with
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities to obtain new clients
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain strong relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance from the team of Business Development, Marketing, and Professional Services
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure division survival and growth
- Maintaining positive client relationships and driving new acquisitions.
- Developing and implementing organizational goals, procedures, and policies.
- Consulting and cooperating with other executives, board members, and employees.
- Travel for client kickoff calls and technology launch days – on average 4 days total monthly but can vary with client needs.
Strong candidates for this role possess:
- 5+ years in the agriculture industry in any facet – row crops, specialty crops, livestock, farm marketing, etc.
- 5+ years as a consultant or similar advisory role focused on customer success and consulting
- Proven experience managing a team and/or delegating projects
- ERP or Agriculture Specific Software knowledge is a plus but not required if you possess other consulting experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field is preferred but not required with industry experience.