We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Production Technician – (1901656) – Freeport, TX
The Production Technician is responsible for conducting daily activities related to plant operations. This could include distillation, liquid / liquid extraction, fixed and fluid bed reactors, boilers, incinerators, compressors, turbines, and other related processes and equipment.Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
Responsibility and accountability include, but is not limited to:
- Operating compressors, pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, steam boilers, valves, tanks, pressure vessels, instrument control systems, forklifts, hoists, flare systems, scales, lab testing equipment, computers, and other associated manufacturing equipment.
- The operation of the plant includes controlling flows, pressures, reactions, temperatures, makeup of solutions from batch sheets and formula cards, transfer of solutions/batches, loading/unloading chemicals to and from tanks, trucks, and rail cars.
- Handling various hazardous chemicals.
- Identifying and wearing required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Thoroughly understand the operation and capabilities of the equipment in their area.
- Technicians are expected to cross-train in additional production areas and support other members of the team in achieving a task or solving a problem.
- Technicians are expected to be able to disassemble and clean plant equipment, piping and pressure vessels.
- Technicians must recognize and eliminate safety hazards.
- Accept and demonstrate personal accountability for EHS performance.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by adhering to EHS requirements while planning and executing a job. Support and continually apply all Quality Improvement, Safety, Ecology policies and procedures
- Recognizing and eliminating safety hazards. Accept and demonstrate personal accountability for EHS performance. Demonstrate sound judgment by adhering to EHS requirements while planning and executing a job.
- Support and continually apply all Quality Improvement, Safety, Ecology, and Legal Compliance, policies and procedures.
- This position performs all necessary production/testing to ensure that product meets product specifications and tolerances for in-process product and release specifications for shipment of the product.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Process Technicians are expected to operate and manage (troubleshoot) their respective areas and make safe, prompt, and effective decisions
- Indirect support is provided by the Site Support Services, including Quality, Safety, Ecology, Human Resources, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Ability to work rotating shifts Monday – Sunday including holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs bags
- Occasionally handle drums and drum dollies
- Position requires exposure to various temperatures and weather conditions daily
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Internship Program Location Consists of:
5-week training course at Central Texas College in Killen, TX4-week internship at the BASF Plant in Freeport, TX
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Compliance, Legal