For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more atwww.adm.com.
Utility – Mendota, IL
ADM Milling – Carbohydrate Solutions
This key operational role is responsible for daily production at a new green-field build 30,000 cwt/day wheat flour mill with a scheduled start date of July 2019. The ideal candidate maintains ADMs high standards for Safety and Quality while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be good communicators who can nurture outstanding relationships as part of a self-directed work team. They will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise and maintain records in accordance with established ADM policies.
Utility will be part of a self-directed teams as small as 2 members and up to 35.
- Supports Operations staff at a plant that produces bulk and packaged flour and feed products as part of a self-directed team.
- Optimize equipment efficiency, personnel safety and product quality in accordance with budgetary parameters
- Maintains records in accordance with established ADM policies and procedures
- Assists external departments
- Proactively seeks and supports the plant goals and vision in accordance with ADM Milling’s strategic vision
- Base all decisions, perform acts and personify self in the best interest of the company
- Proactively support operational excellence initiatives.
- Continually train and develop operational team members.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety regulations, rules and sound practices.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings.
- Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
- Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation standards.
- Prepare the facility for, and participate in, regulatory/third party/customer/company audits.
- Must have a strong commitment to employee safety
- Require excellent command of the following: leadership, problem solving, self-motivation and organizational skills
- Must have confident and courteous manner.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly, read, comprehend and communicate orally and in writing.
- Position requires standing and walking for long periods, climbing stairs and ladders, working with tools, working within close-confined spaces, and working in extreme temperatures.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen/medical questionnaireand a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employerfor minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with a disability.