Monsanto is looking for talented college students who want to join the U.S. Seeds and Traits business. This is your chance to be a part of a 12-week action-packed internship experience with a technology-driven company that is committed to delivering innovative products to farmers. If you want the opportunity to contribute to the success of a sales team, complete project(s) that directly meet the needs of the business, enhance your networking skills, position yourself for future career opportunities and represent one of agriculture’s leading companies, join our team!
Field Sales Interns will work to local sales teams to understand and support the sales of the following products/services: Climate, Seed Applied Solutions, Chemistry, and Seeds & Traits. Intern will be trained on how to sell and will be coached throughout the summer on fine turning their sales skills.
Intern orientation will provide an overview of Monsanto’s US Seeds and Traits strategy, basic agronomic principles, Monsanto”s selling approach, technology training and peer networking opportunities to equip students for summer success. Interns will be paired with a mentor from our corporate office for personalized development of long-term career goals and a manager from their sales team to provide day-to-day feedback. Formal presentations are delivered to managers and corporate leadership at our world headquarters at the conclusion of the internship program. The internship program is typically 12 weeks in duration (mid May-mid August).
- Pursuing a minimum of a bachelors degree (sophomore standing or above) in an applicable field of study
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated self motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Proven leadership abilities and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Willingness and ability to relocate for the internship experience
- Ability to travel/drive throughout district on a daily basis. Company vehicle provided. Must have a current and valid driver”s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company”s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Ability to lift a 60 pound bag of seed
- Involvement in student, volunteer, community, and/or athletic organization; leadership role in an organization would be extremely valuable
- Prior sales experience
- Knowledge of agriculture industry and farming practices
- Strong academic standing