Overall responsible for providing a full range of underwriting support and customer service for ProAg’s underwriting business units. This position will office out of ProAg’s Clovis, CA office. Relocation assistance is available.
We are looking a candidate who has a passion for agriculture and a nature vitality for providing outstanding customer service. The ideal candidate will have the desire to “dig in” and learn the job quickly, have strong leadership skills and a background in agriculture and/or insurance.
While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and training a team of underwriters.
- Give both daily and long-term direction to Underwriting personnel of the business unit. Supervise, evaluate, and adjust assignments by evaluating deadlines, workloads, and experience as well as providing standards and following up on work results.
- Provide a high-level of customer service. The Underwriting Supervisor responds to agent questions or concerns regarding policy and regulations. The position needs to be able to identify and utilize internal resources to help resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Promote ProAg’s business strategies by preparing and delivering continuing education courses for agent trainings in partnership with ProAg’s sales team.
- Manage and communicate the results from various reports while meeting time sensitive deadlines. Monitor, manage and disseminate reports to agents as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Underwriting Supervisor position will have demonstrated success in the primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- Experience – Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Five years of crop insurance industry experience or related experience
- Expertise with underwriting concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Educational requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have an associate degree in Agriculture, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.