Current employees are eligible to apply for an internship using our internal posted jobs process. Benefits and seniority may be impacted. If you meet the requirements, the recruiter will discuss the impact to benefit eligibility.
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student seeking an Intern position to be part of our Fleet Maintenance Department. The ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 86 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
The days and specific hours are flexible depending on the school schedule of the intern. Interns are expected to work approximately 15 to 20 hours per week; more hours allowed during school breaks.
A Truck technician repairs and maintains heavy duty trucks, trailers, yard trucks, cars, pickups, vans and other fleet maintenance equipment.
- Know & follow all safety policies before operating & repairing equipment
- Regularly maintain effective communication with supervision and team members
- Operate a company vehicle to travel between buildings (Age 19 & Up)
- Exemplify the guiding values of McKee Foods Corporation
- Good academic standing
- Recommendation from trade school faculty member
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to quickly adjust the planned work for business needs
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity
- Ability to operate or a willingness to learn the operation of various equipment, machines, and hand tools
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- 18 years of age minimum
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have a basic tool set for the trade
- Prior work experience in any of the trades listed above
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (*including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
**EOE, including disability/veterans**