The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Report to assigned workplace at time specified; report late arrivals or absentees to supervisor prior to start time
- Maintain required licenses, physicals, etc. necessary to perform job requirements
- Transportation of commodities and farm supply products
- Submit required transportation paperwork timely and accurately
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment; document work performed
- Assist with the distribution of farm supply products when assigned
- Notification of shop tools, inventories of supplies, or replacement parts needed
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and warehouse areas in which you are working
- Participate in safety or job related training programs provided by company
- Follow company policies and procedures in regard to safety and conduct
- Create a positive and professional image for both customers and community
- Accept and carry out any specific assignments given by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.