Responsible for delivery and restocking of milk products to retail stores and/or wholesale distribution locations.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must have Class A commercial driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement (must also possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating a commercial motor vehicle for Borden Dairy Company)
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required
- Minimum six (6) months verifiable experience driving Class A commercial vehicle preferred
- Experience in food/beverage product delivery and customer service preferred
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data required
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend
- Must be able to routinely lift over 60 pounds and push/pull up to 300 pounds with a hand-held hook
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and on refrigerated trucks.
- Safely load, unload, and deliver products at each account.
- Transport goods on established route to stock and stage product at customer locations.
- Exhibit courteousness toward customers, work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors, maintain neat appearance, and follow established policies and direction of management.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays and deliver promotional material to customers.
- Verify shipment accuracy and salable condition of product.
- Resolve discrepancies and customer issues.
- Collect empty containers, rejected, or unsold merchandise for return.
- Complete daily inventory, orders, delivery invoices, and proof of delivery.
- Perform Motor Vehicle Inspections on truck to conform to DOT regulations and company policy and assist with routine maintenance on truck.
- Maintain vehicle and hours of service logs as required by DOT.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.