Our client near Tampa, FL has been focused on identifying new technologies and products to enhance our specialty crop growers’ ability to stay competitive in our highly competitive integrated global markets. Our product lines include plastic mulch film, pine tomato stakes, drip irrigation, tying twine, harvesting containers and soil amendments for our fruit, vegetable and greenhouse growers. We’re passionate about being innovative leaders in the industry helping to solve problems for our growers.
We’re hiring a full-time Territory Sales Manager to be based in the Tampa, FL area to work directly with our grower customers mostly in the southern half of Florida. You will be spending 90% of your time working with our specialty crop growers understanding their needs and offering products that work for them. This is a pre-established territory, you will be working with our current customers as well as focusing on developing new business in the area.
This role is for you if you
- Have proven sales experience and strong exposure/experience in farming or agriculture
- Hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in agribusiness, crop and soil science, marketing or business administration.
- Are comfortable and willing to travel throughout the full territory visiting customers in person
Compensation & Benefits Offered
We offer a competitive base salary, performance bonus, company vehicle and complete benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with up to 5% match along with an additional 3% automatic company contribution, paid holidays, three weeks vacation.
What you would be doing
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all products, product specifications and pricing.
- Prospect new customers as well as service a current base of customers
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions to solve problems.
- Communicate across the organization on “feedback from the field” to add ideas for new product development
- Manage your schedule, appointments and follow-ups with limited supervision