Welcome to Worm Power—North America's largest controlled environment vermicompost company. We developed a proprietary method to produce organic, liquid worm castings that promote root establishment and nutrient availability – resulting in healthier, higher yielding plants in soil, soil-less media and hydroponic growth methods. Our product has proven success in a wide range of crops including turf, produce, and cannabis. We’re hiring a Territory Sales Manager to focus on growing our customer base in the cannabis industry, with a keen focus on Central California. You will prospect and meet with growers to educate them on the variety of benefits worm castings can bring to their operation. This role is based out of your home office, with day travel to meet with growers several days a week. Overnight travel will be required for tradeshows.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the strategic growth of an innovative nutrient for the cannabis industry. This role offers a competitive base salary, strong bonus program, vehicle allowance and medical benefits.
- Leverage current cannabis grower relationships to close new business for Worm Power products.
- Achieve weekly & monthly prospect activity levels set forth by the company to develop a pipeline of business equivalent to 4-5 times annual quota ensuring the attainment of annual sales goal.
- Conduct high impact capability meetings with potential customers that highlight Worm Power’s products’ agronomical features and benefits and unique differentiators to maximize first impression. Include Worm Power support resources as necessary.
- Focus on understanding the fit between customer needs and Worm Power’s capabilities. Create value propositions that meet customer needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships and communication throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends.
- Proactively research, qualify and cultivate new leads within target market and assigned geographic area for Worm Power’s products through pursuit of inbound leads, networking, referrals, self-generated opportunities, and travelling in person to prospect facilities.
- Enter all prospective, new and existing account activity into the CRM system within 48 hours and maintain all customer data, sales activity and forecasts in the system.
- Identify opportunities for industry association participation, partner relationships, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Participate in weekly 1:1 meetings with manager and be prepared to discuss the following:
- Weekly call activity / calendar
- Progress against monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- “Successes” and “obstacles” from previous weeks’ efforts
- Key initiatives and prospect opportunities / pipeline review
- Goals for upcoming week
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience selling to outdoor, indoor and greenhouse cannabis growers in one of the following states: California, Oregon, Washington or Colorado.
- Current relationships with cannabis growers in some or all of the identified geographic markets.
- A solid understanding of the different grow protocols and terminology used within the cannabis growing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required with proper experience base and proven track record; a background or degree in plant science, botany, agronomy, horticulture, or experience in a grow facility would be a plus.
- A demonstrated record of quota achievement.
- Can succeed in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment with a drive to solve problems.
- Desire to work in an environment that rewards results and loyalty and maintains high ethical standards.
- Self-starter able to successfully operate with limited management supervision.
- Demonstrated high sense of urgency and accountability.
- Practice integrity, reliability and honesty in all business transactions.
- Competent use and understanding of Microsoft Office software and CRM applications.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.