Our client based in Florida has been focused on identifying new technologies and products to enhance our specialty crop growers’ ability to stay competitive in our highly competitive agriculture markets. We have a variety of products focused on supporting vegetable and berry growers across the US. We’re passionate about being innovative leaders in the industry helping to solve problems for our growers.
We’re hiring a full-time Territory Sales Manager to be based in our southwest Florida territory from Lakeland to Immokalee to the west area to work directly with our grower customers. You would be inheriting accounts with this territory focused on spending 40% of your time with current customers and 60% of your time prospecting new. Although we are industry leaders in our space, we are rolling out several new state-of-the art products for our industry. You may live anywhere in the territory and will be based from your home with occasional travel to our FL headquarters.
This role is for you if you
- Have proven agricultural sales experience with either ag equipment, farm machinery, fertilizer, chemical, vegetable seed, soil amendments or relatable experience preferably with specialty crops
- Hold a bachelor’s degree preferably in agribusiness, agronomy, crop and soil science, marketing or business administration.
- Enjoy working the territory with a significant amount of local travel on-site to customers
Compensation & Benefits Offered
We offer a competitive base salary, performance bonus, company vehicle and complete benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with up to 5% match along with an additional 3% automatic company contribution, paid holidays, three weeks vacation.
What you would be doing
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all products, product specifications and pricing.
- Be the go-to resource for customers within the territory.
- Work directly with large growers to understand their needs and educate on product performance and ROI.
- Develop market approaches to grow the territory.
- Evaluate our product portfolio against the competitive landscape and target market needs to determine product enhancements.
- Educate key influencers in the market on agronomic and yield benefit of products.
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions to solve problems.
- Provide seamless communication within our organization, headquarters based in Florida, along with being the voice of the customer bringing feedback from the field.
- Manage your schedule, appointments and follow-ups with limited supervision.