For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com
Territory Origination and Sales Manager – Comanche, IA or Des Moines, IA
This is a full time, exempt position.
The qualified individual will lead farm direct grain origination, fertilizer sales, strategy, and growth of their territory. You have account ownership for customers and prospects along with primarily outside sales efforts for their territory. You will deploy strategy development with business leadership for assets and future growth necessary to achieve strategic goals for ADM. This position will lead necessary efforts to procure, transport, and distribute purchases and sales in territory of responsibility and act as a total teammate. This person will ensure accurate customer account maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or agriculture, or equivalent experience, supplemented with minimum of three to five years of sales experience, Ag sector preferred.
- Demonstrate capacity to evaluate and balance risk, along with understanding of how to conduct professional sales calls.
- Basic understanding of grain/futures trading and fertilizer markets, production agriculture and the application of those to the farmer
- Dedication to be a positive & professional team leader
- Ability to function effectively, both independently and on group efforts
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to collaborate with various levels ADM
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use and application of mobile technology and ADM sanctioned social media
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
- Early adopter of new technology and ability to lead and influence other target users
- Grow sales at farm level and own account relationship, including collections.
- Grow efforts as well demonstrating the ADM resources and personnel available
- Provide leadership and education to ADM team partners
- Extensive travel
- Strong self-motivation
- Collect and record information on assigned accounts in Salesforce and support customer in every way to make ADM their first choice in grain origination and fertilizer supply while supporting other ADM capabilities
- Must be engaged with accounting and administrative staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting and contract management
- Provide analysis and input into further development and success of ADM
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.