Western Feed Mills, Inc. is a privately-owned, independent feed manufacturer located in Cedar Vale, KS. Founded in 1984 by Mr. Fred Raybourn, whose vision was to build a feed company that would become a major player in the feed industry. Today, we manufacture over 400 different feed and mineral products serving a six-state area. We foster a family-oriented work environment striving to serve our farm communities and be a great place to work.
We’re hiring for a full-time Territory Feed Sales Rep to manage northeast Oklahoma and southeast Kansas. This is a customer-facing role where your daily responsibilities are to maintain current business, work with new leads, and prospect for potential customers. You would be based from your home with travel throughout your territory building relationships with farm supply dealers, ag cooperatives and ranches. This is an already established territory and leads are also provided.
We are open on backgrounds and training will be provided. You do not need to be a nutritionist as you will partner with the head nutritionist to provide nutritional recommendations and technical information.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Strong understanding of agriculture, preferably knowledge with livestock
- Strong interpersonal skills; prior sales preferred
- Internal drive to manage the territory
- Ideal home-base locations around the areas of Bartlesville, OK or Coffeyville, KS
- Valid driver’s license
We offer competitive compensation and commission. Benefits package includes health insurance. A company vehicle is also provided.
What you would be doing:
- Maintain and work with current customers to understand their current needs, feed performance, and future needs.
- Follow through with new leads and prospect for new customers; mainly cattle, dairy, swine, equine operations as well as ag cooperatives and supply dealers.
- Proactively seek customers to drive business growth; continually develop relationships within the community.
- Understand customized feed and product line to hold deeper conversations with the customers
- Adapt sales strategies and approach depending on the customer.
- Communicate with the owner via daily written reports and expense reports.