For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
TERMINAL MANAGER – Chattanooga, TN
This is an exempt level position.
The Terminal Manager position reports to the Territory Operations Manager for Trucking. This position is responsible for the safety, quality and efficient operations of Chattanooga Over-the-Road (OTR) and City Operations. This position must coordinate all activities between OTR, wash-bay, shop, central dispatch and the plant to ensure that customers’ delivery times are met effectively and efficiently.
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Must have the ability to manage a growing and diverse workforce.
- Manage training requirements relative to the jobs being performed.
- Enforce policies, procedures and guidelines in a consistent manner.
- Ensure accurate billing in a timely manner.
- Respond to drivers concerns for safety, dispatch, equipment, grievances, etc.
- Ensure that quarterly and monthly meetings are conducted effectively.
- Understand and comply with good accounting principles established by Internal Audit.
- Ensure incidents are investigated properly and equipment is maintained within the proper guidelines.
- Coordinate with dispatch so that equipment and drivers are utilized efficiently.
- Develop and build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with 5 or more years of experience in Trucking Operations.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong sense of leadership with the ability to impact and influence others.
- Proven ability to work within a team based work environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to lead meetings.
- This position requires the ability to work in a variety of conditions such as an office environment, indoors/outdoors, hot/cold weather as well as physical demands such as standing, kneeling, and sitting for prolonged periods of time, climbing stairs/ladders and the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.