This position is a temporary position for the summer.
- Conduct general labor duties throughout the plant, including material handling, general cleanup duties, machine operation and painting.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures.
- Clean assigned areas: includes sweeping, shoveling, power washing and scraping.
- Grounds maintenance including mowing, spraying and weed removal.
- Maintain equipment that is used such as skid loaders, forklifts, sweepers, front end loaders, floor sweep, etc.
- Clean and maintain switch points.
- Assist department(s) where assigned, may include working shift work as needed.
- Keep work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Perform special duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of the operations, control, and functions of equipment and machinery
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
- Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Experience in a food production facility
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.