We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Farmers Are Feeding America, So We’re Working To Help Them Meet That Demand!
We’re Hiring to Help Feed the World
Technical Support Field Manager
AGCO is currently seeking a Technical Support Field Manager in the New York and Pennsylviania areas .
The Technical Support Field Manager is the in-field technical representative focused on assisting dealers with product issue resolution. This role complements the function of the Technical Service Support team. This position will have frequent and significant interaction with dealer service managers and technicians. The role of this individual carries an excellent understanding of AGCO products; is intimately familiar with how the products are used; has a strong appreciation of customer needs, business practices, and expectations; and has earned the respect of the dealers, customers, and AGCO employees. The Technical Support Field Manager’s perspective about product strengths, product short-comings, and needed product improvements will be credible and sought-after. The Technical Support Field Manager will be the eyes and ears for Technical Services & Support whose primary function is to identify, investigate and report on product quality and emerging product reliability issues. The emphasis is to help drive speedy technical resolutions into new assembly as well as into the population of field units.
The role will have a direct and positive impact on AGCO customers and dealers. The objective is to place emphasis on the “technical side” of the business using experienced technical experts to impact AGCO’s product reliability, customer satisfaction, quality, market share and, ultimately, corporate profitability. The Technical Support Field Manager will be a key element to the successful growth of AGCO products in the North America marketplace.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Makes frequent, often short notice visits to dealers within assigned area.
- Acts as the “eyes and ears” of Technical Services & Support when requested and necessary.
- Available for quick dispatch for investigation or assistance into technical issues.
- Provides technical advice to dealers without encroaching on the responsibilities of Technical Support.
- Assists/coaches/trains dealers on technical problem investigation as well as solution implementation.
- Works closely with the area Field Team as well as Technical Support.
- Knows the key Service and Technical people at the dealerships and is well known by them.
- Identifies new issues and investigates to understand product reliability problems.
- Able to effectively inform dealers about the capabilities and limitations of AGCO products (in response to requests/intentions to use products in ways that are not acceptable).
- Provides to Technical Support in Jackson and Hesston, thorough reports on product reliability issues by using Tech Connect. Reports will include dealer/customer input, observations, recommendations provided to the dealer/customer, plus data readings, photos, and video.
- Conducts first-level inspection, analysis and reporting of failed parts.
- Facilitates expedited return of failed parts.
- Trains dealers in the technical process of completing a proper machine Pre Delivery Inspection.
- Understands and involved with current status of service agenda items.
- Custom Harvester Combine Support (Tech Van) assignments through grain harvest season.
- Leads service training sessions on an as needed basis.
- Degree in Technology, Agricultural Sciences, or Engineering, discipline or equivalent experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Thoroughly familiar with applied hydraulics, engines, drivetrains, electrical systems, electronics, and air conditioning systems.
- Excellent technical skills including problem solving & troubleshooting.
- Understands GPS technology; experience with precision farming products preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Thoroughly understands the assigned role and how it relates to other organizations with which there is interaction (outside AGCO as well as internal to AGCO).
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80% both domestically and internationally
- Experience with heavy equipment (farm or industrial), dealership dynamics, and direct customer interaction.
Must be willing to travel and be away from home three (3) to four (4) nights per week. The employee must be capable of operation of assigned area with minimal supervision.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Field Service, Hydraulics, Agricultural, Electrical, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Agriculture