Kemin is seeking a talented and dedicated Monogastric/Swine Technical Services Manager. This position will report to the Monogastric Team Leader of Technical Services, Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health – North America. The Monogastric/Swine Technical Services Manager is responsible for providing technical sales support to current and potential customers to demonstrate Kemin product effectiveness and establish long-term relationships with customers. This position will be primarily poultry focused and maintain a role of scientific expert that is viewed as a source of reliable information by the industry. This position will preferably be located in the Midwest or Southeastern US with frequent overnight travel (40% or greater) necessary including possible travel to international locations in support of the global Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health products/programs and customers.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition, beauty and textile markets. We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,800 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
Employees at Kemin Enjoy:
- A competitive financial package– in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support– we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities– Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world– Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators– Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor’s Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher’s awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
KEMIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Represent Kemin in a professional and knowledgeable manner that provides assurance of Kemin’s capabilities to customers.
- Work closely with Key Account Managers and Product Managers in identifying opportunities, establishing goals and strategies, and implementing actions to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the customer product evaluation process, including identifying evaluation criteria, designing protocols, initiating tests with customers, coordinating testing parameters, and reporting findings to customers in a confidential, standard format.
- Interface with the R&D department to identify and develop products that best fit customer needs and Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health goals.
- Provide technical input in the identification of customer opportunities and in resolving customer/product technical problems.
- DVM with an emphasis in swine health and management.
- 3+ years of experience in US swine integration or allied industry.
- Strong understanding of US swine disease and management. Knowledge of swine veterinary practices and health management.
- Previous experience in a technical service role introducing new products and concepts to targeted US customers and/or markets in conjunction with sales and marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working with a sales team and obtaining product sales through effective use of technical services.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills with ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated to accomplish business and personal objectives.
- Strong analytical skills in applied research and commercial testing, with experience in conducting university and field research studies.
- Ability to recognize sales opportunities and determine appropriate action in conjunction with Key Account Managers.
- Experience in marketing concepts and applications, and the implementation of technical service marketing plans.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to achieve customer and product objectives, including R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and Marketing.
- Well organized and an effective planner in use of resources, while demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness as market needs dictate.
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications.