At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Talent Acquisition Advisor (1902401) – McIntosh, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for the day-to-day recruitment activities for non-exempt staffing needs of the business including: job description validation, posting & sourcing, interview coordination and offer management. You will partner the corporate Talent Acquisition COE team(s) and site leadership to provide comprehensive services for non-exempt talent acquisition, human resource data management, and internship & summer student programs, and will act in accordance with all governance principles related to talent acquisition and established by BASF Corporation.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
You will use your skills and education to:
- Identify appropriate strategy for recruiting qualified non-exempt candidates
- Evaluate and interview qualified candidates for non-exempt staff
- Partner and consult with site leadership to ensure the staffing process is timely and effective.
- Constantly measure success through specific metrics.
- Ensure Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) is updated to comply with regulations.
- Screen candidates and recommend diverse interview slates and panels to hiring managers.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews.
- Review results of pre-employment assessments, background checks and pre-employment medical exams.
- Provide training and guidance to hiring managers on interview techniques, policies, process, and regulatory issues.
- Extend offers of employment to successful candidates
- Manage 3rd party recruiting vendors and resources if needed.
- Maintain strong relationship to Talent Acquisition COE and related community of practice
- Responsible for talent and diversity challenge results and parameters related to interviewing and slating
- Local employer branding, community outreach with community colleges
Human Resources Data Management
- Responsible to ensure personnel and organizational data HRIS is current and accurate
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure accuracy of organizational data.
- Develops and provides reports on a scheduled and adhoc basis.
- Partners with HR Managers to ensure that job descriptions are up to date and accurate.
- Manages a centralized database for job descriptions across the organization
Internships & Summer Students
- Partner with business and HR Managers to coordinate and administer local internship and summer student employment opportunities and acts as the Assignment Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related discipline. (BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.)
- Minimum of three (3) years of Human Resources and/or staffing experience a multi-location business model.
- Proven success partnering with the customer to execute the recruitment strategy effectively.
- Highly skilled utilizing enterprise-wide Applicant Tracking Systems such as Taleo, BrassRing or SAP E-recruit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and progressive principles and practices of recruitment & selection and human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written), interact, and influence with all levels including production technicians, staff associates, and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to act independently regarding most operational activities and interact with managers, usually on a consulting and reporting basis.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Nearest Major Market: Mobile AL
Job Segment: HR, Recruiting, Law, HRIS, Human Resources, Legal