Pork 360 is a family owned and operated breed to finish swine farm finishing approximately 70,000 pigs per year. We are located in Muscatine, IA between Iowa City and Davenport. We have a passion for pigs and take great pride in raising quality pork. Alongside of our swine program, we row crop 1,800 acres.
We’re hiring a Swine Farm Manager – Finishing Manager to manage our 4- 2400 head finishers in the West Liberty, IA area about 17 miles south east of Iowa City. The finishers all use the Maximus Controller. We’re looking for someone that is a self-starter and highly motivated. Along with caring for finishers, you may also perform field work such as grain hauling and light maintenance.
Pay is competitive and will depend on experience. We offer health, dental and retirement benefits. Company truck is provided. Housing is available for the right candidate.
What you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing animal care such as proper nutrition, vaccination, along with daily health and wellness.
- Sorting/loading market animals
- Maintaining accurate records
- Grain hauling and light maintenance as necessary
- Prior experience with swine/sow/hog industry.
- Row Crop experience preferred
- Degree in animal science, livestock management, agriculture, agribusiness or related field preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License – CDL preferred but not required.
- Be flexible with daily task
- Be willing to work alone at times
- Experience with crop production is plus but not required.