The Supply Network Planner (SNP) position serves to lead the Business Unit’s short and long-term planning initiatives. These roles include SNP planning, Capacity Planning, Integrated Business Planning support and management of day to day operations planning.
65% Production and Finished Good Inventory Planning
• Own deployment to 3PL’s.
• Manage excess/expired/at risk inventory reviews (bucket assignments, coordinate action items) with product line manager.
• Execute inventory strategy by product and location.
• Own customer sourcing and ensure correct modeling in SAP.
• Master schedule – weekly, SKU, aligned with constraints, looks out 60 days.
• Rough cut capacity planning – monthly, horizon is month 1-9, resource level (line), balanced to capacity constraints and aligned with inventory strategies.
• Plans communicated through plant capacity meetings.
• Evaluate new opportunities and ensure they are part of the plan.
• Resolve imbalances between detailed production schedule, master schedule and demand (forecast and sales orders).
• Manage demand allocation to supply.
• Manage available to promise process for respective region and products.
20% Business partnership
• Partner with commercial, plant ops, customer service, and other stakeholders to build relationships.
• Support global and regional Cargill Integrated Business Processes.
15% Special projects/Miscellaneous – as assigned.
Briefly explain other specific requirements of the position. These may include environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. If not relevant, leave blank.
Less than 10% travel required.
• Bachelor degree.
• 3 years’ Experience in supply chain.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of APO (SAP’s Advance Planning and Optimization tool).
• Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations for IBP (demand and supply) related activities to senior management and leadership team.
• Experience developing master production schedules, rough cut capacity plans, and resource plans
• Strong excel and report development skills.
• Ability to assess opportunities in the business and apply supply chain related solutions.
• Broad perspective – ability to see beyond the boundaries of his/her responsibilities or function.
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to respond quickly, present a concise recommendation and defend it.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong learning capacity.
• Strong change management skills.
• Ability to develop the skill sets needed to be promoted beyond the SNP position.
• Strong people developer and project management skills.
• Minimum of meets expectations on the last two performance reviews (internal candidates only).
• APICS CPIM or CSCP certification a plus.
• MBA or advance degree in Supply Chain Management.
• Integrate business planning coordination experience.