This position is an integral part of the Sales and Operations Planning team within Cargill’s Feed & Nutrition group (CFN-US), and is instrumental in driving improvement in the Supply Chain Planning functional area. This role is responsible for regional production planning activities within the finished goods supply chain across several plants within the CFN-US network. This person will work with the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Manager and other principal stakeholders to assist in the implementation and ongoing support of the capacity and inventory planning strategy by developing and maintaining planning models and benchmarking activities in support of strategy execution.
40 % Manages mid-to long-term finished goods production, inventory, and capacity plans within the local/regional supply chain to ensure service and cost targets are achieved. Daily responsibilities include maintenance of planning parameters to create feasible production plans, and coordination with supply chain partners as needed to ensure successful plan execution.
20 % Analyze long-term production capacity and refine annual capacity planning models showing planned production, projected inventories, capacity utilization and available capacity by month and week. Develop rough-cut capacity planning process and reporting workflow to detailed planning and scheduling.
20% Develop future state inventory model for plants still using legacy planning practices, balancing service level, capacity constraints, and manufacturing productivity. Inventory plans will be fundamentally linked to warehouse capacity, and a portion of the work in this space will be in assessing the need for additional local space to support operations at each plant.
10% In concert with Sales and Operations leadership, conduct scenario modeling analyses to provide growth options in support of strategic goals.
5% Manage scorecard development, maintenance, and communication for each plant operation on such metrics as service level, changeovers, run length, and inventory health.
5% Support the S&OP Manager in projects around asset utilization, warehouse optimization, SKU optimization, transportation savings, and other various areas that impact demand and supply alignment within the organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment requiring quick decision making and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Moderate travel across the region (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the area of supply chain planning or production planning or operations
- Exceptional statistical analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with history of successful collaborative engagement
- Self-motivation and high accountability with ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel
- Some database and query-writing experience
- “APICS” type of certification in Supply Chain or related field
- Advanced degree
- 2 years’ experience in Advanced Planning applications
- Prior experience in SAP environment
- VBA, SQL or substantial experience in query-writing