GSI is currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to join our team in Assumption, IL. SQE will play a key part in leading performance improvement of suppliers and increasing the supplier’s capabilities to consistently meet GSI’s requirements. Additionally, the SQE will support sourcing and manufacturing operations to coordinate and provide support
- Work with global purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported to suppliers and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Support the development and implementation of a process for supplier start up as a part of new product development.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, capability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations as relates to Purchased parts.
- Coordinate a regional program to evaluate supplier’s capability in conjunction with sourcing and engineering functions, using GSI Supplier Readiness Review (SRR) methodology.
- Lead cross functional teams in conducting Supplier Readiness Reviews and be the decision leader for supplier selection.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Technical Field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- ASQ certifications a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 to 5 years in a Supplier Quality or related Quality field
- Skill Sets / Knowledge includes:
- Familiarity with GD&T and First Article Inspection Reports
- Familiarity with AIAG APQP and PPAP process & tools
- Experience in 8D Corrective and preventative Action processes.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, or distributors.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in quality management systems.
- Experience in quality system audits.
- Familiarity with Supplier Development programs
- Experience in a plastic manufacturing processes including Injection Mold, Extrusion, and Rotational Mold Preferred.
- Experience with Industrial Electronics, Electrical Motors and Blower/Heater components is desired.
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Willingness to travel when required. 25-50% of time, 1-2 day trips generally.
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Quality